butterfly

butterfly
summer 2013

Sunday, April 29, 2012

PLANT SALE!


Welcome to Vietnam   # 58







Our Master Gardening group had our annual plant sale yesterday morning.  I don't think we hit the 50 degree mark, but it was a beautiful day.  The venue was a pavilion in the back of a Lion's Club in Frederick, MD.  Nestled in the woods, it was a very peaceful and enchanting setting :)  (Doesn't take much to make me happy, obviously!)



Large pavilion

Some of our Native selection

Non Native Perennials

Vegetables, Herbs and Annuals (Check out the fireplace)

Hanging Baskets

Extras from our Demo Garden


Support for Climbing Plants for sale


This year, like last year had people waiting for the 0800 start time.  I saw lots of smiles and answered lots of questions.  I was stationed in the Native Section with 2 other MGs.  My master plan is to have everyone plant SOME natives to help out our wildlife.
Waiting patiently

Straight to the Native Section




We had a Children's Corner ready so the the parents could wander and spend more money.


In my backyard this morning, I  found the nest outside my bedroom window is full of eggs.  I took out the screen and tried some pics, then went outside and took blind shots by holding my camera on top of the nest and just shot away.  Heard Mommy in another tree making some noise, I never touched the nest though.  I will try to take more pictures as the babies hatch and start their journeys.  Depends on the Mom of course.


View from window with telephoto

Blind close up with flash (very shady in there)
If you didn't already know this, you can click on the photos to enlarge them for detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment